Quality Manager – QP
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex
Competitive salary and benefits package
This is an exciting time to join us. Following significant investment and continued growth we are building a new, bespoke manufacturing and pilot plant facility which is currently under construction.
Working within a dynamic SME environment with an established and customer focussed quality culture this is an excellent opportunity to develop your wider business and leadership skills. We are looking for a permanent, full-time Quality Manager who will be responsible for day-to-day management of the QA Systems team and play a key role within cross functional quality improvement projects. This is a significant part of the role.
You will also act as a Qualified Person for our 2 current Brighton & Hove sites in conjunction with other named QPs and must be eligible to act as a QP in the UK (Commercial and IMP) and have demonstrated experience as a releasing QP (ideally oral solid dosage).
Custom Pharma Services is an established contract development and manufacturing organisation with a broad portfolio of commercial and development products and has a proven track record of designing and developing new oral solid dose formulations to support clinical studies, followed by process development and scale up to successfully launch these new products. Our ‘Clinical to Commercial’ offering is achieved through an integrated new product development and introduction system that ensures we have a Flexible, Agile and Streamlined approach to deliver on Time and meet our customers’ expectations.
Custom is a great place to work where teamwork and support is encouraged, where every individual is valued and supported to achieve their full potential because if you can, then Custom Can!
About the role
In summary the role comprises:
- Eligible to act as a QP in the UK (Commercial and IMP)
- Demonstrated experience as a releasing QP (ideally oral solid dosage)
- Clinical and product development experience, ideally as a QP on an MIA(IMP) licence.
- Working knowledge of compendial requirements, analytical techniques and laboratory instrumentation.
- Robust technical knowledge of EU GMP and GDP regulations and guidelines
- Experience of QMS operation and optimisation
- Previous experience as a Quality Manager
- Familiarity and experience of deploying continuous improvement tools and techniques (e.g., Lean Six Sigma)
- Displays energy and drive for GMP compliance in a collaborative and practical manner.
- Ability to enhance the Quality Culture at Custom
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the strength of character to keep a team focussed on objectives and success criteria
- Demonstrates a passion for quality excellence
- Ability to identify opportunities for process & operational improvements and implement appropriate changes to deliver these benefits
- Passion for “right-first-time” processes
- Ability to perform investigations with business SMEs to determine true root cause and implement effective CAPA
Benefits package includes: Individual bonus payment based on successful performance.
Pension; Life Assurance; Holiday; Health Plan and Subsidised Gym
Free parking onsite with easy access to the A27, 5 minutes’ walk from Hove Station.
How to apply
Please submit your application asap including a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience meet requirements of the role.
If you have any questions or would like an initial conversation with our Recruitment Manager, Jane Austen, please contact her via email: Jane.Austen@custompharma.co.uk
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a basic disclosure check