The Pharmaceutical Quality Group is the longest established of the CQI’s special interest groups, which for over 30 years has met the needs of quality professionals within the pharmaceutical industry by :
- Providing a forum for support for the trainee and newly Qualified Person (QP) and on-going advice and support for all QPs.
- Arranging regular meetings on Quality Assurance, Good Manufacturing Practice and ‘hot-topics’.
- Developing monographs which provide guidance on a range of regulatory requirements.
- Developing GMP Application Standards and guidance for suppliers to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Managing a Certification Scheme for suppliers of materials to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Acting as the focus for regular liaison with representatives of the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Organising co-operative ventures and meetings with several other groups e.g. IPEC, IPAC-RS, with which it shares a common interest.
- Maintaining a website which provides much up to date information.
- Facilitating the opportunity to network with colleagues in the pharmaceutical industry enabling our members to improve their knowledge and skills to meet the ever changing requirements of our industry
Whilst our meetings are open to non-members, members pay a reduced rate with the discount being greater than the annual membership fee. In addition, the ‘Members only’ area on the website provides links to presentations and other information additional to that which is generally accessible.